Wednesday, December 10, 2008

For Max and Isaac

How does a mom, who has never known hurt,
Never felt your heart ache and never known your loss,
Sympathize?
How do I reach out, where do we meet. How do we connect?

The Cross…


I cannot understand your pain, or even go there briefly.
I have never lost a child or even felt your grief.

My life has been a series of blessings, not deserving more than you.
I am realizing things may change and there is nothing for me to do.

The roads of our life were carved in Grace, before the world was made.
And the life we have, though sometimes hard, none of us would trade.

The portion that was given to me, is vapor in my hand.
Quickly life is falling through, now more than ever, I understand.

Often I have sat with others and could do no more than weep.
Hoping we could wrap our minds around a pain much too great to keep.

I know you do not know me, but we have been one place together.
The Throne of God is our common ground, and will be now and forever.

We could have easily met at the Cross, you would have seemed familiar.
For it’s at that spot we are the same and our burdens are much lighter.

I see my daughter in the face of your precious little baby.
Knowing all too well I will get to see her grow into a sweet young lady.

So I do not presume to feel the full grasp of the pain that you will suffer.
But I do have your heart, for I am too a mother.

Wishing I could take it away, will not move this mountain.
But taking you to the throne, I leave you at a fountain.

That precious fountain filled with blood, spills not just for sins forgiven
But gives the grace that you will need, until you meet him in Heaven.

I also leave you with a Father, who truly knows your pain.
Though willingly he gave His son, His hurt is just the same.

This mother prays for you today, tomorrow and years to come.
Until you get to worship the Father,
Who is taking care of your son.

In Christ,
Tammy Pulsifer

No comments: