Saturday, November 21, 2009

Update on Joshua


Home...Home On The Range
Posted 4 hours ago
We are headed home! AMEN & Praise the LORD-Jehovah-Rapha! I'm seriously thinking of kissing the ground when we arrive on the home front!

After yesterday's scary episode with his port-a-cath, Joshua is doing just great and you wouldn't be able to tell that he's no worse for the wear! This weekend, I have to give Joshua painful GCSF/Neupogen shots; I never liked needles, much less giving shots to my only child. However, God gives me the strength to be Joshua's caretaker day in and day out.

Monday we plan to be back in clinic for Joshua's counts. Dr. Gratias says that they are going to not only test Joshua's blood counts but they will take another AFP, tumor marker, to see if it's dropped anymore. Please pray that it does!

We are gearing up for Cincinnati Children's Hospital after Thanksgiving. We will be leaving Sunday or Monday; we are expected to arrive either November 30th or December 1st. We have to receive confirmation from Dr. Geller's assistant, Polly. There are many prayer requests that I'd like to share with you about this trip. 1st Joshua is to undergo a cycle of I.C.E chemotherapy which lasts 5 days, 2nd we are to wait there for 14 days of recovery, and then finally 4 days of bone marrow stem cell extraction. Joshua's very own stem cells will be stored for a high dose cycle of I.C.E. which will later be used in his treatment cycles. Thank you all for your support, concern, but most of all for your prayers and love! Don't forget that we love you but God loves you the most.

Christ...The Cure All,
Nadene

1 comment:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I'm so sorry that I haven't been by to check on Joshua in such a long time...but he has been on my mind and in our prayers. We will continue to pray for all of you...so grateful he is going home. I hope all is still well.