Sunday, September 6, 2009

Three Updates from Joshua's mom- getting caught up!


Joshua's Tumor Marker Is Down To Only 68! Praise God!
Posted Aug 31, 2009 2:32pm
Joshua started his cancer journey 6 months ago last month. Wow! that's 1/2 year! We are really feeling the rigors of these battles. We have many things to be thankful for today! When Joshua was originally diagnosed this past February his tumor marker was 733,000 and we find out today that it is only 68! Praise our Jehovah Rapha! He is the Devine, Great Physician who has set forth Joshua's healing journey from this awful cancer.
Y'all don't forget September is Cancer Awareness Month! If you are local to Chattanooga, please see me if you want to support the TC Thompson Children's Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic by either buying a beautiful, gold door ribbon for $7.00 or a Childhood Cancer Awareness Magnet for $10.00.

2nd update-

Chattanooga Mayor, Ron Littlefield, Proclaims September As Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Posted Sep 3, 2009 12:36pm
Joshua is doing very well aside from having to come to clinic all week and this next Tuesday too. Today's visit to the clinic proved to be a lengthy but fruitful one. As parents and children of the clinic as well as myself, Joshi, & Dr. Bhakta looking on as Chattanooga, Tennessee's Mayor, Ron Littlefield, makes a ground breaking proclamation for this city to recognize September as Childhood Cancer Awareness month. You can see our pic in the Photo Gallery.
We found out the other day that an 8 foot tall poster of Joshua will hopefully be displayed on the Walnut Street Bridge in Chattanooga, TN, September 12-20, along side 7 other patients of the Hem/Onc clinic.

3rd update

Happy & Safe Labor Day Weekend!
Posted 21 hours ago
Hello, all! We are spending this weekend with family. Joshua's Papaw Bean, my dad, birthday was on September 3rd; so we are using today to get together as a family and celebrate. Joshua is having a great time with his two cousins, Calvin & Corbin, as well as the rest of his family. Please pray that we have a good time of fellowship. We are missing a few key members of the family; Jared Bean, my beloved late nephew whom I will see again in Heaven some glorious day, Amanda & Donnie, my niece and her husband, and finally Heather & Brad, my other niece and her new husband. I miss their presence here with us but understand that they are needed elsewhere. Amanda & Donnie are at their home in Virgina, whereas Heather & Brad took a trip to Arkansas to see his folks for the weekend. "I Can Only Imagine" what Jared must be doing; I just know he's alot better off than us all. His eternal home, Heaven, sounds better to me everyday of this life's struggles. I'm so glad that Jared knew Jesus as his Savior and LORD and am glad that Jesus is mine too. The Holy Spirit continues to show me that my sin nature has a tendency to take over at times but He lovingly pulls me back into His fold. I pray as I feed my soul with God's Word and surround myself with the fellowship of godly people that He will help me endure until the end.
Joshua's clinic visits do not get easier especially since this week they were lengthier and I am a little under the weather myself because of Hayfever Season. Please help me pray that I won't take my family for granted as they help me watch Joshua in the clinic--they have been more than generous with their time. It has given Joshua the opportunity to bond with his Grandmother & Papaw Bean, they are the ones that come the most and sacrifice of theirselves and time--for which I'm eternally grateful. I have so much to be greatful for in that Joshua is doing so much better. Please pray that the miracles that God-Jehovah Rapha-The LORD God Who Heals will continue to be manifested in Joshua's little body. No matter what you do this weekend, remember to play it safe and have a wonderful weekend! Don't forget that we love you but God loves you more than you'll ever know in this life.
Christ...The Cure All,Nadene
Joshua Lee Freeman~JLF~Jesus Loves First

No comments: