Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nadene's post...couldn't choose just one part! Here is all of it!

Joshua's 1st Blood Drive
Posted 1 day ago
Today is the first blood drive for Joshua! I was so worried about getting one organized and God laid this in my lap...literally. "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34 During a visit from my supervisor, Robin Kaylor, I discoverd that Friday March 5th is their blood drive at my workplace, Whirlpool Customer Service Center. She pulled some strings up the ladder and the word got back to Blood Assurance that all the blood donated today is to go to Joshua's account. There is Power In the Blood...Amen? . This means every pint of blood equals $10.00 credit! There is no need for a type match either. This is going into the bank and if it matches Joshua's blood they may use it. Joshua already had to have blood transfusion in the hospital and it will not be his last during the course of his chemo therapy. Thank you all at Whirlpool from the bottom of our hearts, a big THANK YOU! You guys are all wonderful for helping us in this capacity...it means so much!
"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin," 1 John 1:7
I emplore you to savor every waking moment you have with your families and loved ones. If you do not typically reach out of your comfort zone, do it anyway...you will miss out on a blessing. God has shown me so much on this rocky road but He is not ready for me to bow out. We are nearing the end of Joshua's 1st Chemo Cycle. There are 6 or more to go with more than 21 days a piece. Please pray that we have God's strength during these times. Aside from the parents who have gone through an ordeal such as this, God is the only one who can walk us through this valley of the shadow of death! God's Word is such a light during this very dark time. For instance, here is a verse that really speaks to me.
"We do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing yet the inward man is beaing renewed day by day. For our light affliction which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are sween, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." II Corinthians 4:16-18
Joshua took my hand in bed night before last and said, "Momma, we didn't pray." This touched my heart and could only praise the Lord for my baby boy, Joshua. I lean on the verse "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:3 That verse has touched me many a time but I found Joshua's words as confirmation that a child at such a young age is wanting to seek the Lord's face in prayer then I believe that the Lord wants to do great and mighty things with Joshua...just as the Joshua of the old testament. I pray that God spares Joshua of cancer so he may live his life glorifying Jehovah Rapha, The Lord God Who Heals!

No comments: