Thursday, March 5, 2009

Words from a Faithful Mom

PRAYER UPDATE FROM JOSHUA'S MOM
I just feel so inadequate to handle this sadness that looms over this house. Proverbs 15:13 "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken." I pray that our spirit does not break but only bend. Then I think of the strong, loving, longing arms of God waiting on us to come to Him. He never left or forgot us. Psalm 32:7 "Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah." We are the ones that do not remember to approach the throne of grace. These verses have always been an encouragment in my covenant faith with the Lord Jesus. Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Romans 8:31-32 "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"Dear Heavenly Father,My prayer to day is that you to bring a bright hope tomorrow for my son, Joshua. I know there is no brighter a place than with your son, Jesus. But, God, please spare him his life and the suffering he is having to endure. God I know that this prayer is selfish but I prayed for a child so long and now that you have blessed me with a child as special as Joshua, I'm not ready to give him up just yet or to see him continue suffer with this cancer. Heavenly Father, I know that if it is your will you will heal Joshua how you see fit. I pray that you will choose to heal his little body here on earth. I know you know my heart and hear its cries for help only you can bring. I love you, Lord! I give you praises for giving us a helpful church, family, and friends. I must close now, Lord. My child is calling my name. I must hear and go to him and comfort him with a mother's love. Thanks, Lord, for everything that you have done and that you are going to do. -Your Child Nadene Says "Amen!"

No comments: