Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's Just My God

You know, I have never been very good about going up to a stranger and telling them about Christ. I would love more boldness and I wish to be more aware of people around me. But sometimes, God will move me, and I can not- not say something.

I handed out about 40 goodie bags yesterday to my neighbors, all including a book called "Fifty Reasons Christ Came to Die" by John Piper , an invitation to church, postcard of my family and some candy.

I had 2 left, one I was giving to someone who recently became a single mom because of that horrible enemy called Cancer. And I just had this one left...what to do?

So today, after a fun day out, Easter Egg hunt and other silliness. Brian and I decided to go to Cracker Barrell...awe the food! I took the last bag in to give to the waitress and was quite pleased with myself. But then, I never gave it to her, never felt led to give it to her and really, never had the chance to give it to her! So I walked out thinking.."Did I miss a chance?"

On the way home, Brian stopped off for a quick run into a store and I sat in the car with the kiddos. I saw a young lady taking a break, smoking a cigar and immediately heard the Lord say "Take it to her and tell her I love her". Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, really Lord? I argued, waisted time, but knew I had to do it. (Can I run back to Cracker Barrell?)

So I jumped out, and you guessed it, she was heading back inside, so now I am having to yell for her! And so began a conversation with a young lady with sad eyes and little to say. With me breaking down and crying, telling her a savior loves her, and urging her not to leave this earth and miss Heaven, our conversation lasted a mere 2-3 minutes. I gave her the last copy of my book, she thanked me for talking to her and we parted ways.

I am not telling you this for a pat on the back, I urge you to not do that in fact. Let no Glory go to anyone but My God. I say this, because it reminded me to think- How many people will pass me by in my lifetime and walk right into hell?

My heart is heavy, yet with Hope. Praying that this young lady will meet the Savior today.

2 comments:

mesa said...

Tammy I am so proud of you and you are so incredible. What an inspiration. Love you guys!

Leah said...

What courage our Lord can give us! Praise to him for using you-even if it was waaaay out of your comfort zone.