Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's the Power of the Gospel and Only that...not me

I have a huge burden for my neighbors. I have lived in this neighborhood for 7 years this June and the burden grows heavier every year. Every year I get a little more bold with my faith and pray that they will still "like" me. Knowing that this is not always a possibility. I know the Cross is offensive. I know that in this world of no abosolutes, my ABSOLUTE is "crazy talk". I know that saying Christ is the ONLY way, the ONLY truth and the ONLY life...will make me an enemy of this world. But I don't care. One day I will stand before my Father, and I want my friends and family standing next to me. I want them to know that this life is not about them or me, but about Glorifying a Creator who is just and loving.
A neighbor approached me yesterday and let me know in no uncertain terms that she did not agree with my faith. (all with a smile on her face) But then said she appreciated me. That she felt like I was a good neighbor. And that of the 2 books I had given her over the past year, she had read half of one and was working on the latest one. She was pretty much telling me she knew she would not be agreeing with the words. But I was smiling inside. Because she would be reading the Gospel. And that is the power of salvation. Even if she reads just one page, it's the power of the Gospel. It will be planted and I have hope in this.
Share it, give it. Without the Gospel, there is no power for Salvation.

No comments: